Contagious: Summary and Review
Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
Buy on Amazon (affiliate link info)
This is a fantastic companion to Made To Stick. This book follows much the same format and lighthearted reading style, which is no surprise as Cheap Heath was Jonah’s grad school mentor. Made To Stick shows you why ideas are remembered once they are known, but Contagious tells you how ideas become known in the first place.
See Made to Stick: Summary and Review
- People need to look good by sharing your idea
- People needed to be reminded of your idea by other things in the environment
- People need to feel compelled to share because they care emotionally.
- People need to see other people sharing the idea
- People need to get practical value from the idea
- “Information travels under the guise of idle chatter”