Meet me / Date me
I write because I enjoy learning new perspectives from you, meeting new people, and hanging out in person (or virtually)! I’m willing to travel or relocate.
If you’d like to hang out platonically, feel free to get in touch, or attend one of my gatherings: Learning Night, Creating Crew, or Idea Club.
Otherwise, here are some activities that I like to do on a date (but no pressure; I would prefer getting to know you as a friend first):
The Three Quilt Theory of Relationships
In friendships form via shared context, not shared activities, I introduce the idea that it’s a sense of shared responsibility that makes for strong friendships, not doing activities based on superficial traits.
The three quilt theory is an extension of this idea applied to relationships, that a relationship becomes strong when you share at least three overlapping contexts in your friendship quilt.
I try to be transparent in my writing, so hopefully you’ll be able to get a sense of my personality just from reading this blog. Here are a few essays you can start with if you are new to my writing:
- Hosting an arts & crafts and game show birthday party
- Thoughts on jealousy
- Vulnerability is not enough
- Why dating apps don’t work
You can learn more about my personality and what I value by exploring my operating principles: Courage, Kindness, Action, Curiosity, and Silly. More detail at billmei.net/principles
Please don’t feel like you have to fulfill some criteria in order to reach out, as simply having the courage to contact a random person on the Internet is enough to earn my respect 😊
That said, to help paint a picture of what a relationship with me could look like, here are some example activities I would enjoy doing (this is just a brainstorm, we don’t literally have to do these specific things):
- We’ll do HIIT and kettlebell swings together to train for a week-long backpacking trip across the Grand Canyon, to experience the incredible biodiversity across three breathtaking climate zones while trekking the variegated sandstone landscape.
- We’re teach our kids about the different planets in our solar system around a backyard fire pit while stargazing under the vast and endless sky.
- We’ll host a dinner party and hold hands under the table while appreciating the art and stories being shared by our most interesting friends.
If any of this sounds interesting to you, I would love to hear from you! Send me an email at ten.iemllib@llib and introduce yourself, and include a link to your online media (or attach photos, if you don’t use social media).
I look forward to meeting you!